History of the Committee
The Bardejov Jewish Preservation Committee was founded by Emil Fish, a survivor of Bergen-Belsen concentration camp who was born in Bardejov. In July 2005, Mr. Fish returned to Bardejov with his wife and son for the first time since 1949. His response to the disrepair and dilapidation of the synagogues and the Jewish cemetery was a resolve to restore and preserve these properties. In March 2006, Mr. Fish registered the committee as a nonprofit organization.
Click here to read Mr. Fish’s letter.